Standard Business Membership comes with a wide range of benefits, including newsletter listings, SEO boosting, and the opportunity to join one of our delegate committees.
The West Loop Community Organization (WLCO) is a delegate agency for the City of Chicago. We are a membership-based 501(c)(3) organization that facilitates the growth and integration of businesses and residents within the West Loop community.
The Standard Business Membership is our entry-level tier. We recommend Preferred Business Membership for organizations looking to maximize their presence with additional marketing benefits.
Your tax-deductible Standard Business Membership benefits include marketing and resource opportunities to help your business reach West Loop’s highly valued audience, including:
- Your content subscription includes the West Loop Scoop, our popular weekly newsletter, as well as updates on local events, programming, and public notices.
- Skip office hours! All members receive priority consultations with WLCO staff for a range of needs: from licensing and permitting assistance to help creating a plan of operation.
- Twice per month (out of four total opportunities), promote your business/organization on the West Loop Scoop.
- Enjoy free admittance to all WLCO events.
- Create and customize an online directory listing for your business/organization with a bonus SEO boost from WLCO's top-ranking website.
- Get member pricing on customized street pole banner sponsorships. Our flags measure 30x72 and feature a range of personalization options. Sponsorships are valid for one year from date of installation.
- Become an integral part of the West Loop community by joining or leading a WLCO committee. Areas of focus include arts and culture, education, safety, and real estate development.
- Post your events to our community calendar, West Loop's one-stop-shop for local experiences.
- Schedule a complimentary Business Walk appointment with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office and officers from the 12th District Police Department. Business Walks are a great way to meet your city representatives and learn about how they can help serve you best.
- First-time members with new storefronts/offices receive, at their request: a ribbon cutting ceremony with your local Alderman, a personalized welcome announcement, and a consultation with WLCO to begin planning your community outreach.
- Get featured in our Member Monday profiles! Each profile is a digital meet-and-greet and a great way to introduce yourself to the community.
- Enjoy access to West Loop and City of Chicago data and research from a range of sources, including the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT), and the Office of the Mayor.
The West Loop Community Organization also serves as your liaison to the City of Chicago. We assist our members with licensing and permitting needs and provide direct lines of communication to local aldermen, the 12th District Police precinct, and the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection, to name our most common requests. We also host business improvement workshops and strive to connect compatible members to each other.
A WLCO Business Membership shows your support for the West Loop, and it enables you and your business to take advantage of our unique resources. All membership levels are tax-deductible. Your investment facilitates positive change in the area, and your membership allows your business to get what it needs faster and easier. We can’t wait to work with you.