Non-Profit Organization Members enjoy a variety of perks, chief among them an automatic seat at our quarterly non-profit committee meetings.
The West Loop Community Organization (WLCO) is a delegate agency for the City of Chicago. We are a membership-based 501(c)(3) organization that facilitates the growth and integration of businesses and residents within the West Loop community.
Your tax-deductible Non-Profit Organization Membership benefits give your organization the resources and opportunities needed to be a part of positive neighborhood change, including:
- Your content subscription includes the West Loop Scoop, our popular weekly newsletter, as well as updates on local events, programming, and public notices.
- Skip office hours! All members receive priority consultations with WLCO staff for a range of needs: from licensing and permitting assistance to help creating a plan of operation.
- Twice per month (out of four total opportunities), promote your business/organization on the West Loop Scoop.
- Enjoy free admittance to all WLCO events.
- Create and customize an online directory listing for your business/organization with a bonus SEO boost from WLCO's top-ranking website.
- Get member pricing on customized street pole banner sponsorships. Our flags measure 30x72 and feature a range of personalization options. Sponsorships are valid for one year from date of installation.
- Become an integral part of the West Loop community by joining or leading a WLCO committee. Areas of focus include arts and culture, education, safety, and real estate development.
- Post your events to our community calendar, West Loop's one-stop-shop for local experiences.
- Schedule a complimentary Business Walk appointment with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office and officers from the 12th District Police Department. Business Walks are a great way to meet your city representatives and learn about how they can help serve you best.
- First-time members with new storefronts/offices receive, at their request: a ribbon cutting ceremony with your local Alderman, a personalized welcome announcement, and a consultation with WLCO to begin planning your community outreach.
- Get featured in our Member Monday profiles! Each profile is a digital meet-and-greet and a great way to introduce yourself to the community.
- Enjoy access to West Loop and City of Chicago data and research from a range of sources, including the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT), and the Office of the Mayor.
- Help wanted? Make the search easier by listing local career opportunities on our Classifieds page.
- Lead a WLCO workshop to engage and educate member segments, whether its tax advice for small businesses or best practices for keeping your emails safe.
- Bring your marketing materials to the WLCO offices and we'll post them up on our bulletin board!
Additionally, all Non-Profit Organization Members are granted seats at WLCO’s quarterly non-profit committee meetings, a must-have opportunity for any area nonprofit looking to be involved with its local neighborhood.
The West Loop Community Organization also serves as your liaison to the City of Chicago. We provide direct lines of communication to local aldermen and the 12th District Police precinct, to name our most common requests. We are also a networking hub and strive to connect compatible members to each other.
A WLCO Nonprofit Membership shows your support for the West Loop. Nonprofit Membership is tax-deductible. Your investment facilitates positive change in the area, and your membership connects directly to our highly valued community. We can’t wait to work with you.