The Taste of Randolph Street is West Loop’s largest street festival and the West Loop Community Organization’s (WLCO) flagship fundraiser. The funds we raise from hosting this summer celebration directly support our ability to program community activities, cultivate local economic development, and advocate for the people that make the West Loop the best neighborhood in Chicago.
For 2019, we’re excited to announce two changes:
- A revised restaurant layout, transitioning from a long row of food partners to two circular restaurant oases. This new layout offers better selection visibility, more space for people and equipment, and the real estate for less congested, more comfortable lines for our valued patrons.
- The ability to apply for participation, as previous years have been by invitation only. With your reservation fee, we will hold your slot, with location preferences available upon request. Please note the West Loop Community Organization has the right to refuse any applicant; acceptance letters will be delivered at the end of March with instructions for completing your application process with StarEvents.
Each one of these oases, stationed at the intersections of Morgan and Aberdeen streets, features eight restaurants for a total sixteen local restaurants. Each individual station includes:
- 1 10x20’ tent with 2 front-serving counters
- 1 3x9’ overhead menu banner
- Standard electrical power for equipment
- 1 handwashing sink
- 2 safety barricades
- 1 standard 6’ table
- 2 foldable chairs
- 1 sign pole for other menu items
Additionally, the following are also available to vendors:
- Golf cart rental
- Overnight security
- Ice delivery
- Non-portable water source
- Sanitation certificate class
Other equipment can be rented as needed from StarEvents by calling 773.665.4682.
While historically the Taste of Randolph Street has only included individually run and operated small-business establishments, franchisees and other larger companies interested in participating are invited to contact us at 312.666.1991 to discuss opportunities for inclusion.
For over twenty years, our flagship fundraiser has provided our local, award-winning restaurants a unique platform to connect directly with residents and visitors alike, drawing nearly 100,000 festival-goers to each three-day celebration. We work closely with our event producer, StarEvents, to ensure each restaurant enjoys visibility and profit while supporting our community. We are dedicated to creating a positive experience for all participants, and we hope you join us in putting on our best Taste of Randolph Street yet.
Applications for participation in 2019's weekend, the twenty-third edition of the iconic festival, are now paperless. Below is the initial form required for any restaurant interested in joining the Taste of Randolph roster.
The application fee of $1500 is due with this form on or before March 28, 2019. Click here to access the payment portal.
The West Loop Community Organization is a 501(c)(3) delegate agency for the City of Chicago. Coordinating public planning, supporting economic development, and cultivating community programming in the West Loop are among our responsibilities. We are bound by Grand Avenue to the north, Ashland Avenue to the west, the I-290 Expressway to the south, and the Chicago River to the east.